We have updated the Vaccination FAQ and Face Mask FAQ.
Multi-Craft recommends and strongly encourages MCC employees to discuss the COVID-19 vaccine with their medical provider.
All COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the United States have been shown to be highly effective at prevent COVID-19. View the CDC Vaccine Benefits article to learn more.
According to the CDC, COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. Millions of people in the United States have received COVID-19 vaccines, and these vaccines have undergone the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history. This monitoring includes using both established and new safety monitoring systems to make sure that COVID-19 vaccines are safe.
View the CDC Vaccine Safety article to learn more.
According to the CDC: "You may have some side effects. This is a normal sign that your body is building protection. The side effects from COVID-19 vaccination may feel like flu and might even affect your ability to do daily activities, but they should go away in a few days."
View the CDC article on what to expect after getting vaccinated for more information.
Each state was given the flexiblity to determine how and in what order they administered its vaccine allotment. When looking at the phase breakdown, Multi-Craft's employees may fall into two possible phases. The Arkansas Department of Health has indicated that the clinic/pharmacy will determine eligibility.
- Arkansas: Is open to all Arkansas residents 16 and older
- Missouri: Is open to MCC Employees
- Oklahoma: Is open to all Oklahoma residents 16 and older
If your vaccination site requires employer documentation of eligibility, click here MCC Covid-19 Vaccination Letter.pdf.
Please visit your resident state's COVID-19 Vaccine page for more information regarding places/locations offerign the vaccine and the current phase that it is available for.
If you have MCC's medical insurance, you may receive the COVID-19 vaccine at no cost to you during the public health emergency (currently extended to April 21st, 2021).
If you do not have MCC's medical insurance, please check with your provider.
If you do not have medical insurance, please check with the clinic or pharmacy. The vaccine serum should be covered under the public heatlh emergency, however the clinic or pharmacy can charge an administration fee that will vary.
- Is MCC going to require me to get the vaccine?
- No, at this time MCC is not requiring employees to take the COVID-19 vaccine. We do recommend and encourage you to discuss the COVID-19 vaccination with your medical provider.
- Does MCC need a copy of my vaccine card when I complete my vaccine series?
- No, at this time we are not asking for a copy however this is subject to change.
- Will I still have to wear a mask and avoid close contact if I am vaccinated?
- Yes, MCC will require that you continue to follow our masking and social distancing requirements.
- Will I still have to quarantine if I have close contact with a positive case after I have completed my vaccination?
You will need to notify MCC’s COVID-19 Hotline to review your exposure. Currently there are a number of factors that determine if you would have to quarantine. These factors include:
- Do you have Symptoms?
- Are you fully vaccinated?
- When you received your final dose?
- Where you live?